The New Year has always given us new hope, new opportunities, and a fresh start. This year even brings more expectations due to the recent pandemic that has affected almost 100 million lives and almost 2 million deaths worldwide. Despite the challenges that senior housing facilities have faced due to COVID19, its vibrant community, various social activities, amenities, and services still evolved for the better to cater to the desires and demands of their senior residents.
Gone are the days when staying in a retirement facility sounds sad and lonely. In 2021 and the years to come, we can expect to see features, amenities, and services that make every retiree’s life more convenient, happy, and meaningful.
Modern technology and wireless communication
- Considering the rapid spread of the virus, meetings with family and friends are now virtual, so we can expect for this trend to continue until the coronavirus has been contained.
Internet-based communication platforms and smart devices are not only used for virtual meetings but also for senior housing residents health and safety.
Furthermore, the use of health wearable devices like BP monitor watch and ECG monitor smart device will also become a trend to monitor vital statistics.
- Finding the ideal retirement facility for yourself or loved ones is becoming easier. Today, a lot of facilities are in locations where access to malls, hospitals, and recreational areas are never a problem. From posh to resort-style, or country home apartments, there is something to fit everyone’s taste and lifestyle.
On-site health care facilities
- Given the importance of health and routine check-ups, some facilities have implemented in-house clinics and physicians for more immediate care.
Similarly, some senior housing facilities include visits from dentists, audiologists, cardiologists, internists, and other medical specialists for accessible health care.
Modern Design and Architecture
- Retirement communities have started using thoughtful designs that enhance the mood and overall health of their residents. The use of open areas, abundant greenery, and natural lighting, focus on functionality and help create a divine experience.
Personalized design and layout helps maintain a more homey and comfortable feel for each resident.
Outdoor Activities and Fitness
- Residents can take advantage of outdoor activities and fitness programs offered by communities to socialize and stay active.
Senior housing residents may enjoy tennis lessons, golf courses, yoga, and more depending on the location of your chosen facility.
Maintaining an active lifestyle and continuously enjoying the things you did before retirement are important. Retirement homes and communities are no longer intimidating but a place where you can enjoy your retirement.
Interested in viewing our own amenities and activities provided at Fallbrook Assisted? Click here!
Fallbrook Assisted Living is proud to offer its services to Fremont, NE, and surrounding areas and cities: Arlington, Cedar Bluffs, Ames Nickerson, Fontanelle, Arlington, Leshara, Colon, and Hooper