Perhaps there is no better time to truly celebrate World Health Day than now after the year we have had. In nursing homes across America, good health is treasured more than ever.
Celebrated on the 7th of April every year, this milestone commemorates the founding date of the World Health Organization in 1948 and how it has become the pillar of health around the world since then.
This year holds more significance, however, because of everything that we’re going through. Especially those in nursing homes in Lincoln, NE, and across America.
So, as we celebrate World Health Day 2021, here are some ways to keep your mental and physical health:
Recognize your feelings
- We are all put into a very uncertain situation that none of us prepared for. This is true for those in nursing homes where it’s hard to not have family members visiting due to restrictions.
- One of the best ways to handle this is by recognizing your emotions and talking about them. This makes processing your emotions so much easier than bottling everything inside.
Give yourself a break
- Being stuck in a routine, especially in nursing homes where activities may be repetitive could take a toll on your mental and physical health.
So always give yourself a break to recharge and refocus your energy on things that matter. Read a book, watch a movie, or just meditate. These small breaks will help you to relax your mind and hit the reset button so you could go back to your routines with more enthusiasm and inspiration.
- Exercising does not only benefit your body; it also does wonders to your mind. When you keep yourself active, you are keeping yourself in good shape while also releasing stress. Exercise is extremely helpful because it helps you feel happier, it gives you better sleep and it allows your mind to concentrate better.
Manage your time
- This may be a huge challenge, but it’s very important to manage your time wisely if you want to enjoy good mental wellness.
If you have been spending most of your time working, you may find yourself unproductive. So, make sure to allocate time for family, eating and just taking care of yourself. This will help you prevent burnout and let you enjoy all the areas of your life.
Finally, it is very important to ask for support whenever you need to.
- It could be a family member, a friend or a professional. There is no shame in admitting that you’re anxious or depressed about something because most of us feel the same way at some point.
Having the right support will help you keep yourself mentally healthy and you can also be the support that your family member or friend needs.
World Health Day is a reminder to us that health really is wealth. This year, this milestone has more meaning because of the huge challenge to our healthcare with the pandemic.
Looking for trusted nursing homes in Lincoln, NE? Click here to visit our contact page and schedule a tour today!
Fallbrook Assisted Living is proud to offer its services to Fremont, NE, and surrounding areas and cities: Arlington, Cedar Bluffs, Ames Nickerson, Fontanelle, Arlington, Leshara, Colon, and Hooper